If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

INSANITY

Insanity: When you do the same thing over and over and expect different results.

Albert Einstein

I'm confused, as is usually the case, and in order to try and understand, I'm going to make some assumptions. I know that's dangerous but I have to try and "unconfuse" myself.

We know that on December 5th, 2007, Warren George, ATU international President, and Oscar Owens, ATU International Treasurer, "signed" a Local 1755 Terminal LM-2 report and submitted it to DOL. For those who don't remember, Local 1755 represented First Transit Employees until William J. Kohut apparently decided to "take the money and run". A friendly wave and a big "howdy" to Mr. Bill.

We know that as of June 30th, 2007 Local 1755 ceased to exist and on that date, ATU Local 1755 had $14,920 in cash and an account payable of the same amount (I remember something about balancing entries! I might get the hang of this someday). We also know that the First Transit employees "merged" into ATU Local 1001 on July 1st, 2007 because Holman and Julio signed an LM-2 saying we did.

I assume that Charles Cook, Local 1755 Trustee, wrote a check on the Local 1755 account, payable to Local 1001, in the amount of $14,920 (or electronic transfer or something). It was our money so I assume it had to follow us in some manner, I sure never gave my share to anyone else. I also assume that Local 1001 has an account receivable entry of $14,920 and a deposit into some cash account for the same amount.

We know that Local 1755 was placed in Trusteeship on or about July 6th, 2006 and that the Trustees were paid by ATU International for their service until that local "went away". I assume the $14, 920 represents dues by by First Transit employees from July 6th, 2006 until June 30th, 2007.

God Bless The Internet and public disclosure laws!

I've assumed that Local 1001 got the money but maybe it went to the International; either way it begs the question to ATU International and Local 1001:

Hey, what did you do to earn our money during that period?

I think everyone employed by First Transit during that period, who had dues withheld, ought to be asking the same question. I have no idea what laws are applicable and I suppose I need to find out. Sigh, so many laws, so little time. Perhaps my new friends at the National Right To Work Legal Defense Foundation can at least point me in the right direction.

I'm pretty certain I'm going to have more questions regarding the money that all the members have paid into the Local 1001 coffers while I was a Local 1001 member.

No comments:

Post a Comment