If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mission Statement

I was asked "Why are you doing this and what do you hope to accomplish?" I've given the question a lot of thought and decided to post my "Mission Statement".

I'll start out by saying that I only use my situation as an example and neither ask nor expect anyone to "rally" to my support. I'm a big boy and am fortunate to have the where-with-all to survive (at least for a while) without having to go to work everyday. My sense of "fair play" is outraged and if this happened to me, it can happen to anyone.

I think we can all agree that there are rules we all have to live by; rules for the individual, the company and the union. I lived by the rules but the company and union either had a different rule book or they figured they could make it up as they went along. My biggest complaint: You didn't tell me what your rules were! Don't expect me to guess and then tell me I screwed up.

The process was/is broken and it can affect anyone. The purpose of this blog is to provide a free and open forum to discuss the issues, not for my gain, but to perhaps to yell in a collective voice "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore". Despite the many faults and problems our country has, we're still blessed to be citizens of the greatest nation that has ever existed. It is our right to be treated in a dignified manner (per the First Group Corporate Social Responsibility Statement) and to strive to improve our lot in life and to provide as much security as possible for our families.

I've had the chance to examine the new employee handbook (February, 2009) and I applaud the company. The process to handle a situation like mine is clearly defined and had that process been in place when I was terminated, I'd have no complaint with regard to my termination! The question I ask the company: "Why did it take until February, 2009, to realize there was a problem and take steps to correct that problem?" Please read the new Employee Handbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment