If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Your union & you

I've added a new link to my link list, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). The NLRB is an independent Federal Agency created in 1935 to administer the National Labor Relations Act. The agency is tasked by Congress to administer the act and among other things addresses the issues of a member filing a complaint against their union and how to petition to start or REMOVE a union.

I've filed the following complaint(s) with ATU International and I've contacted the NLRB to file a similar complaint:

1. The union's failure to notify me there was a contract ratification vote scheduled.
2. Possible union interference in the grievance process.

If you ever need to file a complaint and you're not satisfied with the results of your complaint, I suggest two possible contacts:

Senator Mark Udall
8601 Turnpike Dr.
Suite 206
Westminster, CO
303 650-7820
1 877-768-3255

Senator Michael Bennet
info@bennetforcolorado.com

Senator Bennet is new to Congress and is in the process of setting up his website with his contact information. I suspect an email would get get an answer.

ATU Local 1001 is your union and the officers work for you, the dues paying members. I offer my assistance (it's free so you might get what you pay for :-) to anyone who wants to explore the complaint process.

As a final thought, the National Labor Relations Act protects an individual from retaliation for engaging in a lawful activity such as criticizing the union, union officers or the company. The NLRB has enforcement authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment