If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Internet Explorer, Google Chrome & PDF Files

I started working on the Internet many years ago (back in the days of dos commands, remember ping?) and was mighty impressed when Internet Explorer first came out. I no longed had to remember a bunch of esoteric commands and the internet was was actually becoming a useful tool.

I used no other browser (well, occasionally NetScape) for all those years but I think I've changed my loyalities. I downloaded a copy of Google Chrome and I have to say "I'm impressed". Impressing me doesn't take a lot so I leave it to the reader to download their own (free) copy and decided for themselves.

I particulary like the "tab" feature for opening new windows. Internet Explorer has tabs but Chrome has a much more intuitive feeling, at least for me, and I seem to navigate between windows more easily with Chrome.  It's a very simple download and installation.

On a different note, I'm looking for a way to get all of my PDF files to open in a new browser window rather than asking if you want to download. I've finally learned enought to be able to ask (hopefully) intellegent questions about what I need to do. 

I'll gladly offer any help to I can give to anyone interested in creating their own blog. I've learned a lot in the last month so I actually consider myself at the early novice stage and I'm certainly willing to share what I've learned. Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment