If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Update on my printer problem

The title of the post will take you to Lexmark thread on "fixyourownprinter.com", one of the forums I'm following.

Lexmark was "kind" enough to overnight me a new black 4A & color 5A cartridge for my printer. Have ink will print!

That's a temporary solution for me alone and I've written to Colorado Attorney General Suthers to ask if the Colorado Consumer Protection Act might apply. The act has some of the same provisions as Magnuson-Moss but realistically, I don't think I'll get a lot of satisfaction and my next letter will be to the FTC.

Once again, if you've ran into the cartridge scam by Lexmark or any other printer manufacturer, use my new email address:

mma.lexmark@gmail.com

The most solid advice for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell. And when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.

William Saroyan

No comments:

Post a Comment