If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Say it ain't so, Holman!"

"Say it ain't so, Joe!" "Yea kid, I'm afraid is"
Legend has it the exchange took place between a young fan and "shoeless" Joe Jackson as Jackson was leaving a courthouse after testifying about the 1919 World Series scandal. Jackson denied it till his death.
Your union must represent you if you want to file a grievance, right? Nope!
"Say it ain't so, Holman!" "Yea kid, I'm afraid it is"
CBA Article 9:

B. For the purpose of this Agreement, a grievance is defined as any
controversy between the Company and the Union as to any matter involving the
interpretation or application of the terms of the Agreement, or any controversy
between the Company and Union as to whether or not an employee disciplined
for violation of any rule or regulation of the Company, or other offense, is guilty of
such violation. The grievance definition specifically excludes the determination
and establishment of wages, benefits and working conditions.

C. Grievances meeting the above definition shall be processed in the
following manner:
Let me see if I have this right? A grievance is whatever you say it is and it doesn't matter what the affected employee thinks! I'm old and slow but eventually it sinks in. I understand how the union can take the position that a termination "is none of our business".
Since the union has been less than cooperative, I've taken the position that I'll do it myself and see what happens. I'll post the results of my efforts once I'm able to.
I paid dues for over two years. What did I get for my money?

No comments:

Post a Comment