If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

ATU 1277 Los Angeles

If I were a member I'd ask! (LM-2 on-line)

I know! Let the  3,607 members of ATU Local 1277 worry about how their money is spent. However, sometimes something jumps out and I have to ask.


I have a little experience in the computer industry (about 35 years or so) and I was  wondering what a LU would need with $93,755 worth of computer services in 11 months in 2008. I figured Doc Fixit, Inc. must be the best in the world to demand that type on money so I googled them. Strange, no Doc Fixit, Inc. popped up. Hmmmm, no web site? Check the Santa Clarita yellow pages and really strange - there is no listing for Doc Fixit, Inc. in Santa Clarita or the surrounding area. Might be a mistake and the money actually went for a new super-duper water cooled quad-core sever and about 50 terminals (you can never have too many :-) but nope, only $5,202 spent for office furniture and equipment.

President Silver: I'm applying for the position of full-time computer person in the LU. I'll take the same package as Office Manager Lam (about 76K + benefits) and still save you some money!
I promise I'll have a much better looking website on-line within 30 days. I look forward to hearing from you.

p.s. How did you manage to get a free outside audit of the LU during 2008. Way to save the members money!

No comments:

Post a Comment