If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

BUS-TED In Orlando


I received an "anonymous" email with an interesting subject and no explanation:

On Orlando bus Route 39, it dawns on passenger: The driver's a kid!




Well, that peaked my interest so I googled it and sure enough, it's a true story from Orlando Florida in October, 2006. It has absolutely no relevance to the blog but it's Sunday morning and everyone deserves a laugh now and then. Read the full story.

As an ex bus driver myself, I had flashbacks and about split a gut when I read the kids "defense":

While speaking with the suspect ... in reference to obtaining his biographical information, he asked me "what is going to happen to me now"? I told him he was being placed under arrest for grand theft auto and would be transported to the JAC. At that point, he stated "why, I drove that bus better than most of the LINX Drivers could. There isn`t a scratch on it. I know how to start it, drive it, lower it, raise it". He also stated he has completed courses for obtaining a CDL and on how to drive the bus.

Perhaps he should have been paid instead of arrested! Enterprising young people need encouragement.


Animation courtesy of the AnimationLibrary

No comments:

Post a Comment