If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ATU Local 1596-1749 Required to File Disclosure Form?



A big HOWDY and a wave of the stetson to the folks at Baker Hostetler, Florida.

Did you know that you can receive posts via email by finding "Subscribe To Feeds" on the sidebar and clicking the "Posts" bar?

I have no idea why the "Counsel To Market Leaders" would be looking at ATU Local 1596-1749 on Union Disclosure Blog but I get curious when a big law firm visits one of the blogs.

ATU Local 1596-1749 has never filed a disclosure form (LM-2/LM-3/LM-4) with DOL and normally when an LU hasn't filed,  it's because all of the members of the LU are public employees.

Local 1596-1749 has no web site that I can find but it appears that the LU represents employees of the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority, LYNX.

My google turned up a familar name, Cal Marsella, who is leaving Denver RTD and taking a job at MV Transportation and that in turn turned up ACCESS LYNX operated by MV Transportation under a 5 year, $77 million contract awarded in 2006. That begs the question. "Are the MV Transportation employees members of ATU Local 1596-1749?" If they are, ATU Local 1596-1749 is required to file a disclosure form and they have not done so.

I've searched a little farther and there's not a lot of information but it appears that the MV Transportation employees voted to join ATU Local 1596-1749 sometime before May, 2008 and that the vote was 42-5. For some reason, the LU appears  to have filed a unfair labor practice against MV Transportation. The only information I can find is at NLRB May 2008.

I'll keep watching and if a 2008 Local 1596-1749 disclosure form turns up, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment