If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ATU Local 1001 2008 LM-2

The Local 1001 2008 LM-2 is available and only a little over a month late - congratulations! Much better than last  years filing. I have a number of questions:

You really gave $120,000 to Protect Colorado's Future in 2008? WOW! All that to defeat a few amendments you thought were "anti-union".  Sigh!

What happened to the Laidlaw and Veolia employees? They were important enough to recruit and then you leave both bargaining units off the LM-2? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DUES THEY PAID?

Back to the by-laws for a second:

The VP shall be paid 25 hours per month.
Each CS shall be paid 25 hours per month.
(300 hours per year)

HOWARD ALTON IS NOT THE ASSISTANT BUSINESS AGENT! JEEEZ - 2 years in a row. There's also the question of his salary: $24,292 /300 = $80.97 per hour

Who is employee Christina Campbell (organizer) Salary $16,678?

Why are the Chief Stewards, who are also members of the EB, employees and not union officers? I'm confused!

William R. Fuson $10,129/300 = $33.76 per  hour
Stewart Golditch $12,124/300 = $40.41 per hour
Todd K. Platton $15,996/300 = $53.32 per hour
Marvin Roberts  $12,175/300 = $40.58 per hour
Larry Sorget $15,786/300 = $52.62 per hour

Total Received By Employees Making Less Than $10,000 Per Year
$85,558

Perhaps that's the reason the Chief Stewards are now employees, less than 10K per steward and you don't have to itemize.

2,163 members with 17 Agency Fee Payers BUT, again, you forgot to include Laidlaw and Veolia.

I see you received a organizing refund of $34,905 from ATU International. Is that to pay officer salaries that seem to be far in excess of the by-laws?

And once again, lawyer Jones (who is ignoring me - Hi there lawyer Jones) tops the list in salary:
$98,705. Does the LU pay for benefits for lawyer Jones? Just curious. 

Perhaps I should volunteer to fill out the LM-2 - I'm sure  I could do a better job.


No comments:

Post a Comment