If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

How Stupid Do You Think I Am?

I've hinted at but refrained from directly addressing the issue of why I was fired because, in my opinion, the premise advanced by the company, unfortunately with at least tacit union approval, borders on idiocy and it's not in my nature to  try and embarrass anyone. I've finally reached my maximum frustration level and here goes.

I've heard Article 34 until I'm sick and tired of it. Somehow, the theory goes, the union requires that a member be fired after they've been out for 6 months. HUH? HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK WE ARE? My own union says I have to be fired? Hmmmm,  I have to admit it's a novel concept and certainly not one I'd ever support with my hard earned money.  Have you asked yourself, "Will it play in Peoria?"

I was fired because I couldn't do the job at the time and someone decided that six months was long enough so why hide behind the union? If you didn't have a policy to justify my firing, the CBA and state/federal law do come into effect - to protect my rights. If you did have a policy, PRODUCE IT! 

Seems pretty simple to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment