If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

NLRA

I'm still thinking about the latest contact I've had with the company and I want to make sure that everyone understands what the rules are.

Sec. 9 [§ 159.] (a) [Exclusive representatives; employees' adjustment of grievances directly with employer] Representatives designated or selected for the purposes of collective bargaining by the majority of the employees in a unit appropriate for such purposes, shall be the exclusive representatives of all the employees in such unit for the purposes of collective bargaining in respect to rates of pay, wages, hours of employment, or other conditions of employment: Provided, That any individual employee or a group of employees shall have the right at any time to present grievances to their employer and to have such grievances adjusted, without the intervention of the bargaining representative, as long as the adjustment is not inconsistent with the terms of a collective- bargaining contract or agreement then in effect: Provided further, That the bargaining representative has been given opportunity to be present at such adjustment.

My interest lies in protecting my rights but not at the expense of the rule of law. I will not tolerate any union interference in my right to present my grievances to the company and I will notify the union of any contact by the company that I consider an attempt to adjust my grievances. 

I have been told that folks from both the union and the company are aware of this blog but I'll still follow up with a letter next week. I'm also of the belief that if the union and company enter into any discussion concerning me, without notifying me, it would constitute an unfair labor practice.

I'm just a simple ole country boy from  the piney woods of east Texas and this is all new and a little complex  so to get it straight in my own mind: The union and I can talk without telling the company. Any other discussion has to be open to all three parties. 

I'd also prefer that any discussion be in writing in the future so we can avoid the possibility of any misunderstanding. My concession is that I'll consider letting some contacts remain private if I'm approached in a reasonable manner.




No comments:

Post a Comment