If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Reflections & Ruminations (cont)

BlogSpot is young and there are some problems is the Post editor so I had close the previous post and continue anew. The problems are in formatting a post but are not serious enough to move this blog and I trust the Goggle Team to continue to make improvements. I am thoroughly impressed at what Google has brought us all ready.

To continue where I left off:

My conclusion is that we didn't elect "evil" men as the officers of Local 1001 but that they are politicians and after a few years in office have fallen victim to to the oldest malady in politics: "You forgot you worked for us and came to view your position as an permanent entitlement"

Perhaps so, but not if I can do anything about it.

I really want to thank the staff attorneys at the National Right To Work Legal Defense Foundation. The advice and guidance I was given regarding the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) is invaluable and should be given to every union member as seems to be required but not enforced.

I suspect that many union officers themselves are not fully informed and that many who are, feel its in their interest to have an ignorant (uninformed) membership. I encourage ALL union members, regardless of affiliation, to read and understand LMRDA and the National Labor Relations Act.

Taken together, I no longer have the feeling "I'm going to a gunfight armed with a knife". I've written about a lot of issues I have with ATU Local 1001 and encourage other members to get involved and ask the same or your own questions and demand the answers. Today's specific question is:

When did the members elect Mr. Howard Alton as the Assistant Business Agent?

I'll post the answer as soon as soon as I find out and I'd like to leave with a small informative snippet from LMRDA:

Criminal Provisions

(29 U.S.C. 439)

SEC. 209. (a) Any person who willfully violates this title shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

(b) Any person who makes a false statement or representation of a material fact, knowing it to be false, or who knowingly fails to disclose a material fact, in any document, report, or other information required under the provisions of this title shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

(c) Any person who willfully makes a false entry in or willfully conceals, withholds, or destroys any books, records, reports, or statements required to be kept by any provision of this title shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

(d) Each individual required to sign reports under sections 201 and 203 shall be personally responsible for the filing of such reports and for any statement contained therein which he knows to be false.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment