If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Supreme Court Decision

Supreme Court holds that CBA arbitration provisions can preclude employees from asserting statutory rights in court.
Enjoyable reading as it applies to a union member employee who wanted to file a lawsuit under 

I've had it on my todo list to discuss employment discrimination in general and since I'm 62, age discrimination in particular so this decision might be the perfect opportunity.  Colorado residents should also know that the state has laws similar to the federal laws enforced by the EEOC. In Colorado, the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA), Colorado Civil Rights Division enforces the state statutes.

I heard from several people my age or older who believe they've experienced age discrimination recently but it's very difficult to prove. There is a growing belief that in today's economy, companies might start using an older worker's statistically higher health care cost as a deciding factor in who to lay-off and who  to keep.
 

That's would usually be an illegal practice and anyone who thinks a company may be engaging in any type of discrimination should consult an attorney. It's important to remember that many of these laws have a six month (180 days) Statute of Limitations.





No comments:

Post a Comment