If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Watch Dawg

You'll notice the friendly looking dawg sitting atop the title to this blog and by clicking on it, you'll go to the Department Of Labor, Office Of  Labor-Management Standards 
(DOL OLMS) Public Disclosure Room where you can query for a number of interesting items such as LM-2's for a union required (private employee member unions with receipts over $250,000 per year) to file.

Union financial disclosure is mandated by the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959 as amended. LMRDA also provides a Union Member Bill of Rights. Please don't remain ignorant of your right as I did for the two years I was a member of ATU Local 1001. 

Edmund Burke's quote "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" is as true for unions as for any government.

To get started, click on the dawg and once the DOL page loads, find the drop-down box labeled 'Union Name' and select you union name. Type your local number in the box labeled 'Designation Number' and click submit.

Try it by selecting 'ATU-Transit Union AFL-CIO' and typing '1433' (Phoenix ATU but you can use 1001 if you'd like :-). Once the results set is returned click on the items for details. If you have a question, email me and I'll try to answer it or I'll ask someone who knows. Happy Hunting!

You can return to the blog by clicking the back arrow how ever many times are necessary.

A number of my links to a file host are broken. No idea why the host deleted my folders but I sent an email to support. I'll get them fixed ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment