If I'm ever sued, this site will go up for sale for the amount of damages sought, along with posting any documents I receive. If you think you can copyright a letter you send to me, go for it.
I'm still learning about blog design and I've found a problem when viewing this blog. It does not behave properly in small browser windows and if your display resolution is less than 1280 pixels wide and/or you are viewing the blog in a window less than 980 pixels blog wide, the right side bar is pushed below any visible post. I've searched the web and looked at the code for hours but can't find the problem. My next step, when I get the time, is to recreate the blog with a new template. Advice is appreciated.

Thursday, April 23, 2009


Julio X Rivera "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity"

Gee, I never had a job where I could post to facebook while I was supposed to be working! How do I get me one of them there jobs? I'm jealous.

For some unfathomable reason, the quote reminded me of a story I heard a while back. It seems that for a short period in 2007, ATU Local 1001 held a series of breakfast "get to know your union" meetings. 

The story I was told, and have no reason to doubt because I know the person to be quite truthful, is that Mr. Rivera hosted the meeting and opened with a statement along the lines of  I have $500,000 in the bank and if I don't hear what I want to hear, I'll take the money and leave the country.

I can accept it was meant as a joke but I'll say it wasn't funny and it was in extremely poor taste, particularly since ATU 1755 already had it's President under indictment (or perhaps already convicted) and ATU International Trustees running the local.

No comments:

Post a Comment